Wednesday 16 January 2013

Fancy Free

Today's Three Muses Challenge was to create a journal style page with a favourite quote.
I haven't done anything in this journal for a while now and once I got started I really enjoyed it.  I can't say the quotes are particular favourites, but I had fun doing it :)

Underwear for the great outdoors - I feel so free :)
I started out by putting a layer of relatively smooth gesso on both pages and once that was dry I began painting with various shades or Americana Paints, Lemonade, Mint Julep, Spa Blue, Indian Turquoise and Butter (the colour not the dairy product).
Next came various layers of stamping using Ranger archival inks in various colours.  Once all was dry I applied some stencils and then sprayed with Dylusions Ink in Fresh Lime (yummy)
I found the wonderful ladies on Freubels free digi images site.  I printed them on cardstock, cut them out and glued them to the pages.
Over the top of all that, I stamped again with butterflies in various colours of inks.  I stamped two butterflies on plain white paper, coloured with Promarkers and glued them to the ladies heads.

The final step was to stamp the border around the page using Stayz On ink - my 'go to' black ink.

I've been so busy with work lately and also busy taking a slight detour with my art!!  I'm planning to do more assemblage and have been spending spare time creating a techniques sampler I will use on those pieces I'm going to create.

I've also been creating some backgrounds and working on swaps I'm registered for.  I'll post a blog about them soon.

18 comments:

  1. What a delight dear Liz!
    I adore these two pages, with these wonderful Rian's ladies and your so beautiful colors and stamps

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, love these quotes and your piece, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were born to stand out, Liz! (Not sure about the queen quote...some have been beheaded you know!) This journal spread is a stand out.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful artwork, Liz. What lovely names for your colours. I've haven't used Ranger's inks, that will be a future treat. I think I've said it before but I love reading how you make your art pieces, the stamping, the painting, the cutting out and pasting. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful! and the quote is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great journal pages, Liz! Thanks too for sharing the journey of creation for this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, Liz. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors are so rich and I love the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A brilliant quote and my sentiments entirely. The who page is fantastic, Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colours, images and quote, Liz, fantastic pages!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your dreamy background and everything else you added to it. The quote is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is just super Liz. Such lovely colours. beautiful work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Liz I love your quotes they are great lovely journaling my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome colored pages, love the beautiful ladies too. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Exquisite journal pages and wonderful quotes. I really enjoy reading about the artistic journeys our luverly members take. I love mixed media but I'm a real messer so I take inspiration from it and try to achieve something similar digitally but, of course, it is no match for the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colors in this piece. It is very nice.
    Faye

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it - Liz