Sunday 16 December 2012

Frosty Christmas

Last week I saw freezing fog for the first time in my life, it was stunning.  white covered everything including cobwebs in the trees. The sun shone but looked watered down or filtered through gauze.
I used this memory as inspiration for the Sunday Postcard Art challenge this week where the theme is Blue and Silver.
Song sung blue.....


I used a direct to paper technique with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, and then smooshed it around with some dry foam.  Next came some music paper, for no reason other than I find sheet music feels festive :)  Stamping the stylised Christmas tree in Versamark, I then applied silver embossing powder and heated it.  Once everything was dry and cooled down I applied Rock Candy distress crackle over part of the tree and the music.  It takes a while to dry, which is why I'm late with my post today.

I applied more distress ink around the edges in Broken China and then in Chipped Sapphire.  Then I dripped some pretty large drops of water on the background.  I applied more distress ink to the cracks in the crackle glaze and dabbed on some white picket fence stain here and there.  I finished the whole lot off with a few random dots of Stardust stickles and a lovely silver bow at the top of the tree.

11 comments:

  1. I think your silvery tree has captured frozen cobwebs and trees perfectly. A beautiful postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Liz! I've never seen freezing fog, either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So attractive! I love reading about your process and I like your unusual inspiration - freezing fog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful effect I have never seen freezing fog now I'm curious...lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've really captured the silver effect in your art, Liz, lovely Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolute beauty in your card. I love the hand created cards best. Digital fascinates me and I find it extremely attractive and inspirational, but handcrafted can't be beat! (By the way, I'm totally jealous that I can't do digital creations because I love them so.) Well done Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again, you create stunning work and then describe the process. Gorgeous.

    Glad you liked the freezing fog, I hope you got some photos. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME indeed dear Liz!
    I wish you the best for Xmas holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely, I would buy this!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it - Liz