Tuesday 6 November 2012

Peek a boo!

I have always loved tribal masks and own a few that I hung on the wall.  A few years ago I decided to do a painting of a tribal mask from the Pacific Islands  (I lived there most of my adult life).  This is a piece that I've had hanging at home and I decided to post this, rather than do a quick painting of a mask for the challenge at Three Muses today.
I can see you!
The piece is painted in student grade acrylics on stretched box framed canvas and measures approx 60 cm x 50 cm.  I should print him out and use smaller versions in my journal pages!

14 comments:

  1. The mask is beautiful. I also have several mask I have bought when traveling. They have a certain kind of aura to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is terrific! It's really something special! Wonderful art piece Liz! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous art work, Liz, such an intricate design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnificent mask. I love exotic mask and her outlandish atmosphere too.
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful mask, Liz. I treasure my wooden masks from Africa! THey're sooo interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, Liz!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How original and beautiful Liz excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore exotic masks and have one from west Africa on my wall.
    Yours is splendid and so well done!
    Bravo Liz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's a winner, Liz. Thanks for sharing this interesting mask art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous work, Liz, and it's nice to see a tribal mask coming to the challenge. You have such wonderful talent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love masks too... you did a fab job Liz xx Sal

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fabulous mask and gorgeous colours as well! Love how you have painted the gold.
    Thank you for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous art with fantastic coloring

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it - Liz