Tuesday 20 November 2012

Look into my eyes


For the last few weeks I have been working on a recycled mini book for a swap I entered.  It's been a lot of work but I've loved every minute of it.  The only thing missing was the cover image and so decided to use the Three Muses theme for this week - Eyes.

Recycled mini-book
 There are so many techniques and pages I won't go through them all here, but for those who would like to see all the pages you can view them on the Flickr slide show here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/83296776@N03/sets/72157632057873440/show/


The book is 1.5 inches wide, 2 inches tall and .75 inch thick.  It has 3 signatures of 2 pages each which has been hand sewn to the outside of the cover using waxed thread.  In addition to the book, is a book holder which is made in matching style also with an eye impression.
Inside Cover
The book is made from a frozen pizza box, off cuts of various papers, some scrap fibres and pieces of canvas.  Also included were some tiny pieces of art I had left over from making inchies and ATCs.  The book cover and book holder are made from printer paper, sprayed with inks and then collaged with tissue paper, stamped with an eye.

One of the inside pages showing the binding.

Book with open pages and the book cover
I also made a YouTube video of the book and describing each page that you can see here


22 comments:

  1. Bonsoir LIZ! . Amusant votre mini livre
    J'aime bien ce genre de petit travail !
    Bravo !
    Amicalement Mary.kg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving these a lot of work but well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful eye-book Liz!
    I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great handmade book! The eye is a perfect cover. So glad our challenge worked well for yoU! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the face stamp, the girl is very pretty and her eye too. Amazing piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Liz, this really is a mini book, such intricate work, your pages are amazing, a real treasure! I look for ward to seeing your YouTube video.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow,
    Such a lot of art and creativity went into the making of your book, Liz.
    Being an altered art book artist myself,it's really inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SO cool! Your mind is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A treasure indeed! Such creativity and beautiful artwork! Fantastic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Liz, your talent is awesome and so is this mini-book--made from a pizza box no less! I don't have time just now to really look but I hope to later.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It must have been a lot of fun to do this book, it looks really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully done book, Liz...and AWESOME COVERS!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely cover for a very creative little book!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful little book. The eyes worked perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful creativity and beautiful artwork!

    Wendy -x-

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a mouthwateringly beautiful little book, Liz, and you should be duly proud. When I have a little time I'm going back to watch your video on how you made. I never shall be able to do it but I like to see how it is done. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful twinchie book.I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it - Liz