Sunday 2 September 2012

Who's knocking at the door?

This week the Sunday Postcard Art theme is Doors.  I'm quite a fan of old doors and have lots of photo's so was mildly tempted to try some digital art, however since I love to play with paint and glue I decided to stay with mixed media.  If you would like to see the video of it being made, it's Here and is approx 11 mins.

A very tiny key can open a very heavy door - Charles Dickens
 I'm really happy with the way the faux wood planks turned out and the 'brass' heads to the screws.  You can barely see from the photo above but there is a strip of copper at the base of the door treated with verdigris paint.  I bought the copper strip from a garden centre, it's designed to keep snails out of plant pots!


The door handle (ring type thing) was originally holding two little keys.  One of the little keys is now hanging from the birds beak.


Once again, I had a great time doing this and loved every minute.  

12 comments:

  1. Wow! Fantastic details to this! And I like the words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An inspired mixed media card - and a great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this with all the extra detail you have added. Wonderful interpretation of the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Charles Dickens and believe you've done him justice with this beautifully done card Your use of color and texture are great. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever and VERY effective, Liz. Love your art!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful collage work on this I like that last picture of the little bird because it shows all the lovely background texture you have created...beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card, with such attention to small details! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love what you created, a whole story, delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet! LOVE your postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your door is perfect! You are so creative! And I love the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! what a beautiful little creation :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card - thanks for showing the close-ups.

    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it - Liz