Monday 17 September 2012

Art Journal Zetti

I have been making ATC's and Inchies for some swaps this week but have really struggled with inspiration.  Today I'm back in the groove and have enjoyed creating a page in my art journal that I entered for the Take A Word challenge.

Little Miss Zetti
 No matter how I played with the levels I couldn't make this image as vibrant as it looks in my journal.  I realise that to be really Zetti art I should have turned her eyes upside down, or made them bigger than her head, but I didn't want to because I thought she was pretty :)  So this is my nod to Zetti.

The spaces on the page will be filled with my journal entries, once I start to write on it.

I like her little shoes made from individual leaf stamps.  The stamps, stencils and spray inks are all Dyan Reaveley products.  I applied Gesso to my A4 art journal and then applied the colours and the collage elements.  The face is hand drawn and coloured with Pro-markers.  Black and white pens are Posca.


I've been playing with this for so long today that I forgot to have lunch!

19 comments:

  1. WOW, Liz, she is sensational, what fabulous Zetti art, love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this girl Liz. Beautiful work
    Lovely greet
    marja
    (marjascreativity)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is gorgeous, I love her arms and wings and hair . so arty

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all this doodling her, she´s a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! I don't think you have to make eyes bigger in Zetti. Some do, some don't!
    Wonderful piece! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, who needs lunch when you can create something wonderful like this instead? Super job.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Zetti girl is stunning- full of wonderful expression and character!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY love what you have done with this Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think you needed to turn her eyes "upside down", as you said. She really IS quite fetching, and zetti is in the heart of the artist, after all! Thanks for sharing this journal page. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful, well done. She is adorable, I have the problem with cold cups of coffee. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your collage is perfect the way it is! I love all the zentangle elements. They are very zetti!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your art journal page is gorgeous, zetti girl is pretty indeed and her headdress is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is so beautiful!
    Delightful artwork Liz!!!!
    I really can't see how to make better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow she is so wonderful and sweet, love her hair, great journal page.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  15. The perfect "little miss Zetti" !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Charmante demoiselle Zetti Liz !
    Bravo ! Amicalement mary.kg

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all the different designs in this...she is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love, love, love this zetti piece!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it - Liz