Monday 13 August 2012

Tickled by a feather

A few days ago I was looking through my stamps and saw the "Feather" set from Hero arts that I've never used.  I took it out and left it on the edge of my craft table.  Today while I was cleaning up my craft mat, I decided I would make a card with it.
The reason I gave up card making was because I would agonise about the design for hours, but today felt different and it was - the card was made in 10 minutes, and it's clean and simple!!
Very Clean and Simple Card
I stamped the feather in Versamark ink on Neenah white card stock and then dusted with bonding powder.  Starting with a hot heat gun I very quickly heated the bonding powder until it just changed shade (too long and the adhesive properties diminish).
I applied some Jones Tones foil in a peacock type colour range which has also been in my stash for years.  Rubbed over the top gently with the bone folder and pulled the backing away, voila!
Metallic shine from the foil
I mounted it on more Neenah white card stock that I coloured around the edges with Worn Lipstick distress inks.  The sentiment is from Indigo Blue Travel plate stamped in Archival Ink Deep Purple.
Adding some lilac polka dot ribbon to the mount card, I made a false bow on the front.
Take a peek inside
To finish it off inside I added a row of pen nib stamps from Indigo Blue in Magenta Hue.

I don't think I will ever have a need for this card so I will donate it to the Heart Foundation Card Drive.

1 comment:

  1. Really awesome, love the different coloring of the feather!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it - Liz