Saturday 25 August 2012

My Heavy Metal Band

In mid-July I entered my first ever ATC swap with the theme of 'metal.  The swap has now been completed and I can post my cards on the blog.
Metal ATC Swap
We only had to send one card but I decided to make four in total of which I sent two.  The cards I sent were 'Gold' and 'Iron'.  The base is Neenah white card stock, rubbed with Distress Ink in Pumice and Rust then splashed with water.  The letters are chipboard and coated in various embossing enamels or iron filings, before being adhered to the card stock.  The card stock was then glued to mat board to give them a sturdy feel and to add to the visual strength.


The Rust ATC is intentionally coloured in the opposite of the other three cards.  I really love these as a set and am thinking of remaking the two I sent out and framing them for my wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it - Liz