Wednesday 22 August 2012

Home Sweet Home

The challenge this week at Take A Word  is 'Tattered'.

I had visions of an old stately home, that was beyond it's best, with  vestiges of former grandeur still visible but now on the tattered side.  I set about trying to recreate my vision in mixed media.
Home Sweet Home


The face image is from Stampers Anonymous coloured with Inktensils and Promarkers, with a light crackle applied.  The coloured 'fabric' is Claudine Hellmuth sticky backed canvas rubbed and stamped with various Distress Inks before spraying with water. Blue distressed paper was stamped with a french blue chandelier and clear embossed before being layered onto silver mirri card, to give the sense of a mirror reflecting into the room.

Back ground card stock was clear embossed before applying a weak wash of Tattered Rose distress ink and drying, then re-dipping.

The lace was white but dyed with Walnut stain distress ink and then quickly rinsed in clear water to fade it.


8 comments:

  1. I must have missed this last week. It's just fabulous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Liz, this zentangled box is a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow very beautiful, love the face!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful! I adore your zentangle too, you are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, what a beautiful piece. Thank you for sharing the journey of its creation. I look forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, this is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing the journey of its creation. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just LOVE that quote. It is so true and empowering. Wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it - Liz