Tuesday 14 August 2012

Finding Nemo, or other random bits

A few weeks ago I entered an ATC swap with the theme of maps ( at the Willowing site.)  I thought of many concepts from mind maps, phrenology, treasure maps, undergrounds maps, it just went on and on.  I finally decided that the theme from me evoked images of pirate treasure and the days of sailing ships. My partner for the swap has now received the cards so I thought I would share on here.
We had to produce two ATCs that were in similar style but not exactly the same.  My first card was titled 'Lost at Sea'.
Lost at Sea
I used Neenah white card stock and stamped it with an old map in Sepia Archival Ink.  I then brushed Antique Linen distress ink over the whole front of the card.  And finally stamped the splatter stamp also in sepia colour, to make it even more distressed.
The shells are Paua fragments, the starfish is a metal embellishment I covered in brownish paint.  The net is made from muslin, I dyed with Forest Moss distress Ink.
Lost at Sea close-up

The second card I think I called 'Treasure Haul.'  The same treatment for the map and the net but instead of sea life and shells I attached what is meant to look like treasure: gold mica flakes, coins of various types, some sparkly bling bits in blue and diamante.  I finished it off with a length of chain and some small keys.
Treasure Haul
A much better photo of the 'treasure'
I really must do something about either my photography or my camera, things are so much better when you can see them correctly.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it - Liz